1. FUN refers to humorous and silly ideas that keep living lightly in perspective.
2. EXTRA includes posts on Christmas, The Environment/Recycling, and Technology.
3. MORE EXTRAS refers to miscellaneous musings I’ve had about trying to live more lightly.
1. BE CAREFUL, I’M CONTAGIOUS – A friend spoofs my give-aways
2. BEING SILLY – Humor trumps pride
3. LAUGHTER – Keeping it all in perspective
4. IT SEEMED SINFUL – A peacekeeping family goes to war
5. A NEW PROBLEM – Dust
6. GAINING HUMOR & HUMILITY – Lessons from Africa
7. ZUCCHINI – The zucchini myth
8. BAD NUMBERS: 0, 2, 5, 8 – How non-working numbers prompted a give-away
9. FROM WEIGHTY TO FRIVOLOUS – Sharing chocolates
10. TOO MUCH TOILET PAPER – A shopping mistake turns virtuous
CHRISTMAS & GIFT GIVING IN GENERAL
1. SIMPLIFYING CHRISTMAS – Things to do; Things to skip. XMAS GIFT EQUATION
2. GIFT GIVING CRITERIA – Taming consumerism without being a Scrooge & PRICELESS GIFTS
3. BLACK FRIDAY & BAH HUMBUG & GIFT GIVING – Attitudes about Christmas shopping
4. CHRISTMAS DO-DADS – Holiday decorating or just clutter?
5. KEEPING TIME – Counting the days till Christmas
6. TIS THE SEASON FOR – Fundraising
1. WASTE LESS – Any of the 10 posts on making less garbage and recycling what you do make
2. RECYCLING OTHER’S GARBAGE – Taking a walk doubles as garbage pick-up
3. BEYOND RECYCLING – Reducing the need to recycle by reducing packaging
4. A HAPPY TRAFFIC JAM – Disposing of hazardous waste
5. POISON IVY TO THE RESCUE – An imperfect solution
1. A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP – Updating, upgrading, and changing computer systems
2. ELECTRONICS PART 1 & ELECTRONICS PART 2 – Sorting obsolete computers & peripherals
3. SIMPLIFY OR COMPLICATE LIFE – Social Media can do both.
4. E-MAILS – Getting control of bounces and archives
5. VCR TAPES – Is obsolete technology worth saving?
1. JUST FOR FUN – A summary of the various downsizing approaches and angles
2. MORBID OR FREEING – Thinking about death – the ultimate letting go
3. WHEN IS BEING GOOD, BAD – The down side of being organized
4. HIDDEN PLACES & INVISIBILITY– Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there.
5. BOXES & CREATING SPACE & LOSING A JOB BUT GAINING SPACE– Empty boxes & empty spaces
6. LOSING STUFF – Can it count as giving away?
7. YARD SALES & MOVING & PLASTER PUSHES PACKING – Optional, necessary, and involuntary ways of decluttering
8. BACKSLIDING – When others add to your possessions
9. LET US THIN & USE IT OR LOSE IT – Sharing crops and flowers
10. HELP US DECIDE – The pros & cons of buying a car
11. EASY COME, EASY GO – House guests enrich our lives, but we miss them when they go
12. TRAVELING LIGHT – 10 top travel light tips
13. CHANGING MY IDENTITY – To let go of a past head shot or not
14. NOT ENOUGH CARS – For my bumper stickers
15. LETTING GO OF SAFETY – How much risk is acceptable in a hobby?
16. SOMETHING HARD & SOFT – When letting go is not your choice, how to soften the loss.
17. 1 IN – 1 OUT: YOU DECIDE – It’s OK to buy something new if you let go of something else.
18. BEYOND THE BUCKET – Are exotic vacation spots worthy of your bucket list?
19. WIN/WIN TRADES: SWEET GUM BALLS FOR TRINKETS & FABRIC FOR A CAUSE