In addition to those collection agencies that I mentioned yesterday, other ways for your goods and money to find a good home are:
- Free cycle It works like Craig’s list but no money is exchanged.
- Charity Navigator Evaluates the health and ratio of proceeds actually going to the needy
for over 5,400 of America’s largest charities
- United Way and other local fund raising/service coordinating organizations
- Relief agencies like the American Red Cross, Catholic Relief Services
- Your parish, church, neighborhood thrift store, or someone you know personally
- Now when your children ask how the uneaten food on their plate can get to the starving children in China, you can tell them you’ll take the cost of their food out of their allowance and give it to a good cause.